The Publishing Department goes back to the period immediately following the 2nd World War, when the then Prehistorical Museum, headed by Józef Kostrzewski, published temporary journals “Z otchłani wieków” and “Przegląd Archeologiczny”. In 1950, after the Museum (now renamed Archaeological) was deprived of “Przegląd Archeologiczny”, a new publication “Fontes Praehistorici”, later known as “Fontes Archaeologici Posnanienses”, was established. Józef Kostrzewski was the first editor, to be followed by successive directors of the Museum, with Marzena Szmyt as the present editor-in-chief. Apart from “FAP”, there are other publications, both scientific and for the general public. They come out in several series: “Bibliotheca Fontes Archaeologici Posnanienses”, “Poznańskie Zeszyty Archeologiczno-Konserwatorskie”, “Studies in African Archaeology” and “Biblioteka Popularnonaukowa Muzeum Archeologicznego w Poznaniu”.